How do you treat yourself?

Of course, since our childhood we have been given with lots of advise on how to treat others. But i have never received or gave any advise on how to treat yourself. I mean how to handle or react to your inner-self. Because the only possible way for your inner-self to feel or express is through you and how good are you in treating that. I am not referring to understand what is good or what is bad. Somehow that is related but not in this context. Have i given the same priorities in treating myself as i gave in treating others? Well, its hard for me to describe. Sometimes i have given more priorities to myself and sometimes not at all. I mean there is no constant proportion available. That is mainly because lacking in the standard of treating my inner-self. We are working very smart and hard to maintain our dignity but that is from others point of view. How dignified are you to yourself? I still wonder how to figure out this. Correspondence between me and my inner-self is something that i need to improve. Right now this is all i could think off. To my understand the process goes like this. I will get a message from my inner-self to do or buy X. That message reaches my mind and it will be validated whether it is good or bad. If it is good, it is then moved on to further validation like whether it worth, what is the purpose and the choices of places and time to execute, blah blah blah.... This is completely normal that every single person goes through this process. However the mechanism varies in everyone's perception. Now am coming to the point that the very first validation on my mind tells that the message came from my inner-self is BAD. It may be decided because of various reasons. It may be bad to yourself or bad to others or bad to society or whatever. That decision is made through the influence of your dignity. Now it is concluded that it is bad and how are you going to deal with it. Your inner-self is like a gun and it does not know anything other than to react what ever your mind instructs. I will elaborate this point later. So your mind acts as a person to decide whether to trigger the gun or not. Now the first step is convincing your inner-self about the denial of the message that was sent earlier. As i referred the inner-self as gun, it doesn't mean that it will act like a machine. Obviously it is a machine but it does have an additional feature called 'sense'. So simply saying NO doesn't make your point clear. So like treating others, you are not suppose to deny it straight forwardly. Try to make it understand about the reason behind the denial. Because the emotion after post denial is something you cannot describe. When you are not convincing it properly it will get build-up as an untreated emotion and it bursts out at some point. This is something i have realized recently. I would have avoided this burst, if i had have the understanding on convincing my inner-self. The reaction of what you do to yourself is imminent in every way. If you eat  good, you will feel good. If you eat bad, you will be sick in no time. It applies to everything that you do to yourself. The inner-self does work like a human body. All the untreated emotions are piled up in a separate dump area. When it reaches the endpoint, there will not be any space available to store it further and hence the burst. I am feeling good that at least now i got the knowledge about it. Hope am not wrong in the understanding part of this context. If so please let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the wild of Alaska..

The Great Comeback!!

Life is Engaged..